This is not the type of thing that we usually post, but I’ve found that recently I get more texts than calls. I’m also sending more texts than calls. After giving it some thought, I came up with some reasons why you and I should still call.
- Tone can be misinterpreted via text or e-mail.
- There is less room for people to make assumptions about what you said.
- Grandma struggles with texts; you should just call her.
- You need people practice. Even if you think you communicate well with people, there is always room for improvement. Conversation skills are learned.
- There is a lot more you can say at once. I don’t care who you are; you can talk faster than you text.
- I’m not recommending you multi-task, but it is an option. You can be putting away groceries or making a sandwich.
- It shows you care about the person, the relationship, and the conversation enough to take time out of your day to talk and listen.
- Your spelling isn’t that great anyway.
- You need work on your vocabulary not acronyms.
- Sad emojis do not replace an apology. Ideally, an apology should be made face to face. When that is not possible the best way to show sincerity is to make a call.
- You are not going to have to wait on a response. It is common for me to send a text and not get an immediate response.
What reasons do you have?